Friday, May 14, 2010

My first Mother's Day



What an amazing day it was! I woke up to the sweet sounds of my baby boy cooing and babbling to himself. We all snuggled in bed for a while and then Jon and Leo gave me a precious homemade card and the very special necklace pictured above. I LOVE IT!!! Then we ventured out to the kitchen where leo gave his first go at the "Johnny Jump Up." Clearly he loves it! My sweet husband made me a scrumptious breakfast of homemade waffles, homemade strawberry syrup and homemade whipped cream. Mmmm mmm. Next we all took a drive up to Ojai to hit up the farmers market and escape the Ventura winds. Then Leo and I took a nice long nap. We followed that up with church and a delicious BBQ dinner. It was the perfect day with my two favorite guys.

I've told a few people how surprised I was at the sense of pride I felt on Mother's Day. It is the ultimate honor and blessing to be Leo's mama and Jon's wife- the mother of his child. I held my head so high carrying him around at farmer's market and then walking up to the alter with him in my arms at church for our special blessing.

No comments: